Summer Week: 8 fun ideas for a family picnic

Monday, June 17, 2013

FREE IMAGES
Have I ever told you just how much I absolutely love summer, friends? Oh, I'm pretty sure I've told you 5138751 times, but I have to say it again: I am head-over-heels, crazy-in-love with this time of year. It doesn't get any better than the warm, sun-kissed days and cool, breezy nights. Everything comes alive in one giant pop to all the senses, and you find yourself wanting to live your life as if it were a Carly Rae Jepsen song. Case in point: I just happen to be listening to Miss Jepsen as I'm typing this post, and her pop confections are summer wrapped up in a song.

On that note (get it...note...music...see, summer makes me a giddy little school girl...), I'm so excited to kick off Summer Week 2013. I've got tons of amazing this planned, including an in-depth look at some of our guilty pleasures, but first, I'd love to know: What are your favorite things about summer? Beach days? Juicy watermelon? Road trips? S'mores? One of my favorite memories growing up is packing a sack lunch and heading to the woods for a picnic. We also spent countless hours on soaking up the sun on beautiful beaches. Here are 8 must-haves for the perfect family picnic...
1. Lots of fun games, like dominoes ($10.57), for relaxing in the afternoon.
2. Polaroid instant camera for capturing those special bonding moments, $179.99.
3. Watermelon serving bowl for serving, well, watermelon, $60.
4. A comfy picnic blanket for some quality cloud gazing, $40.99.
5. Weber grill for those barbecued-just-right hot dogs and gooey s'mores, $34.99.
6. A picnic basket to keep all the good stuff around from those curious creatures, $119.95.
7. A pair of binoculars for some classic bird watching (my father loved doing this...), $13.19.
8. Brightly colored flip flops to feel the grass between your toes, $22.95.

Wherever the summer winds take you this year, friends, whether it's to the best, to the woods or to the open road, let's enjoy the season together, shall we? xoxo

P.S. Some EXCITING news is coming your way this afternoon! :)

[Top photo via We Heart It, edited by me]

No comments:

Post a Comment