Sponsor Spotlight: Happily Ever Borrowed

Monday, June 17, 2013

FREE IMAGES
I'm so excited to introduce So About What I Said's newest sponsor Happily Ever Borrowed, a unique wedding boutique. Brittany, the creative force behind the shop, has partnered with different designs to curate all sorts of bridal accessories. But, instead of buying the pretty pieces, brides are able to rent them for their special day -- at a fraction of the cost. Read on to learn about the role Brittany's older sisters played in the launch of Happily Ever Borrowed, upcoming summer wedding trends and tips for planning your big day! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: Happily Ever Borrowed
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

Tell me about Happily Ever Borrowed. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
I have three older sisters, and from the age of 12, I was helping to plan their weddings. When I was in college and designing bridal gowns, my one sister asked me to make hers. That was far too much pressure for me, but I offered to help shop with her. When I saw the poor quality and construction of the cheaper gowns, I was horrified. All women deserve to wear quality products on their wedding day. We were also astonished at the high prices of veils, headpieces and jewelry. After spending their entire budget on their dress, most women forget that they need to accessorize as well! This is one of the most common instances where brides exceed their budget. My sisters begged me to find a solution. I let the idea sit for quite a while, but after my third sister got married, the idea started to materialize.

What has the response been like? What's your most-rented item?
The response has been wonderful! We've serviced over 200 weddings to date, and we just keep getting busier! Our most popular item has to be the Isabella Cuff by Enchanted Atelier. It's totally gorgeous and adds a vintage touch to your wedding accessories.

What are some wedding trends we're seeing as we move into the summer? What are some of your favorite wedding trends overall?
We're definitely seeing a huge trend with statement pieces. Where brides were being quite subtle with their accessories for a few years, we're now seeing a movement towards large statement necklaces and cuffs. We also LOVE the feather trend for weddings overall. They can add a really soft but trendy touch to an ensemble.

What are some things people should keep in mind when planning for their big day?
Just remember the reason you're there: To enjoy the day and marry your best friend. Let others sweat the small stuff for you!
What is your favorite item in Happily Ever Borrowed and why?
That's like choosing my favorite child! I just can't! But, I really do love our new Sophie Petite by Enchanted Atelier. It can be worn as a necklace, headpiece and belt. I LOVE the versatility of being able to change your look with just once piece throughout your wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment