Disabilities In The Media: Nicole Kelly raises awareness as Miss Iowa

Thursday, June 13, 2013

FREE IMAGES
First Iowa, next America? When Caitlin posted about Nicole Kelly on Facebook, I knew I had to share it, friends. The recently crowned Miss Iowa was born without her left forearm, and will go on to compete for the Miss America title on September 15th. Her inspiring platform? Overcoming disabilities.

"A year ago, I certainly didn't see "pageant titleholder" in my future," she says in her pageant profile. "Perhaps I didn't originally envision this path, but I now know that being Miss Iowa is the perfect fit for me, and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who have encouraged me every step of the way. Giving a voice to my platform, Overcoming Disabilities, is a tremendous honor and I am thrilled to continue my adventure by speaking out and touching lives as Miss Iowa 2013."
How inspiring is that? Way to go, Nicole! Can't wait to see you on the stage in September, and thanks for inspiring such self-confidence! xoxo

P.S. A fun new feature is coming up shortly! :)

[Via Huffington Post]

No comments:

Post a Comment