Summer Week: What are your favorite beach reads?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

FREE IMAGES
One of my favorite memories of visiting my grandparents every summer was the hours I'd spend lounging with a good book or magazine. Some mornings I'd wake up and read in bed for a bit. It was a great, relaxing way to start the day.

These days, though, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have nearly enough reading time carved into my schedule. We all know the importance of setting aside some time each day for "pleasure-leisure reading," as my sister calls it, so I'm bit ashamed to admit that I can't recall the last time I actually finished a book. A book from the Twilight series, maybe? Eeeeks! That was such a long time ago, was it?

Well, this summer, I'm going to try and take a few "reading breaks" here and there. Even if it's only reading a magazine on the patio (perhaps with some root beer, of course...), it will feel nice to relax like in the old days. What books do you like to read? The awesome What Should I Read Next? is a Web site that helps you find new books to read based on past favorites. To get started, all you do is type in the name of a book you liked. The site will search its huge database and give you recommendations for what to read next. You can even create book lists. How cool is that? Here are a few books I'd love to read this summer...
*L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad: I've had it sitting on my bookshelf for a couple years now and have heard good things about her books, $8.59.
*The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger: I'm in the writing game and haven't read this book (scandalous...), $12.37.
*Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard: I LOVE the TV show and am dying to see how the books compare, $20.54 (Books 1-4).
*At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks: I was obsessed with his novels years ago and would love to pick up where I left off, $7.19.
*The Last Camellia by Sarah Jio: I've always admired Sara's writing (and was honored to guest post on her Glamour blog a few years back...), $11.70.
*Peyton Place by Grace Metalious: I've always wanted to see if the last generation's Fifty Shades of Grey is as steamy as people made it out to be, $14.48.

Your turn, friends: What's on your must-read beach reads list? Have you read any of my picks? Any others you'd recommend? xoxo

[Top photo via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment